Dive into the past and enjoy a refined lifestyle in
this former sugar plantation’s estate of the 17th century
where hospitality, today the same as always, is an essential
element and the traveller a welcome guest.
Hotel Hacienda de Abajo is the first emblematic hotel of the Canary Islands, a category reserved for those hotels which constitute part of the historical heritage of the Canary Islands real estate.
With wonderful views over the Atlantic and surrounded by a sea of bananas and a lush botanical garden, where nature and peace provide a perfect harmony, our hotel is magnificently situated in the west of the Canary Island of La Palma, in the historic centre of Tazacorte, the Spanish town that has more hours of sunshine a year.
· Adults-only (+16) hotel open all year
· 24-hour front desk
· Free internet access
· Wi-Fi in public areas and by cable in the rooms
· Multilingual staff
· Credit cards
· Laundry service
· Car rental (external service)
· Outdoor swimming pool,
heatable freshwater salt-treated
· Parking with plugs for electric cars
· Equipped meeting room with audiovisual media for up to 40 people
· Pets are not allowed
The hotel has 32 rooms (from 32 to 74 m², or from 344 to 796 ft²) exquisitely decorated with art works from the 1st to the 20th centuries, most of them with balcony, terrace or garden.
· 5 CLASSIC double rooms
· 7 SUPERIOR double rooms
· 15 PREMIUM double rooms
· 1 PREMIUM single room
· 3 DELUXE double rooms
· 1 SUITE (Maximum capacity per room: 2 persons)
ALL ROOMS ARE EQUIPPED WITH:
· A double bed or two single beds
· All mattresses, bedding (duvet), towels and bathrobes have the ecological certificate “Öko-Tex Standard 100 Made in Green®” of the EU
· Free internet by cable (optional Wi-Fi amplifier)
· Free safe
· Minibar (soft drinks and mineral water are complimentary, replenished once a day; beer, juices and snacks with charge)
· Air conditioning and, although unused, heating
· Satellite flat screen TV and connections to play multimedia files
· MP3/iPhone® – compatible multimedia phone
· Bathroom with L’Occitane ® amenities, hairdryer and magnifying mirror
“The fine arts are five, that we know of:
painting, sculpture, poetry, music and architecture,
this last one has as its main branch the pastry”
– Marie-Antoine Carême –
With an incomparable view over the Atlantic Ocean, the hotel features a unique restaurant, El Sitio, exquisite in its content and in its gastronomic offer, where unique and innovative flavors, intoxicating aromas and subtle nuances merge in a cuisine that combines the ancient local cuisine with rich and elaborate international influences.
The chromatic splendor in the sumptuos rooms enhances a rich collection of art that includes amazing lamps, delicate porcelains of the East Indian Company, rare furniture, exquisite watches and a stylish tapestry giving the best testimony of the refined lifestyle of the 17th and 18th centuries.
As an addition, daily lunch and dinner are warm romantic moments in the restaurant that, along with its café-bar, becomes from half past seven in the morning until late at night, and on its own merits, in a meeting point for the local society and our distinguished guests.
In our restaurant we welcome each season with a renewed menu including new and original dishes, as always with fresh products of our land. You are cordially invited to visit our gastronomic novelties while enjoying the refinement of the decoration in combination with the pleasure of good food.
As blue as the sky that covers it and the ocean that it faces, our Bath House recreates the romantic spirit of an era that captivated the 19th century’s British traveller Charles Edwardes. Sauna, jacuzzi and exotic massages in this delicious care corner will make an unforgettable and pleasant impression.
LET YOURSELF BE PAMPERED!
Professional hands provide absolute wellness at a time when protection and care of body and mind are more important than ever. Our therapists will care for you with fantastic massages and treatments with specific products for your well-being. We are at your complete disposal to satisfy your wishes.
LIST OF MASSAGES AND TREATMENTS
· “Hacienda – bath house” (own creation massage technique)
· “Massage Ayurveda Abhyanga”
· “Massage Aloha Hawaii”
· “Swedish massage”
· Massage with hot stones
· Massage facility
· Massage with Tibetan bowls
· Body wraps with red clay
· Green Clay body wrap
· Body peeling
· “Aloe Vera Gel massage 100”
· “Massage cranial Express Anti-âge”
· Foot reflexology